I was in charge of sharing time for the primary on Easter Sunday and I was talking about the story of the resurrection. I make sure that I always read over the stories several times before I tell them to the kids in primary. I am not a scriptorian and sometimes don't remember the stories I learned as a child totally accurately. I was trying to check over some of my facts before while the children were in class and was talking to some of the other adults. I thought it was odd that they only referred to Jesus's parents as Joseph and Mary and then later she was Mary Magdalene. Why didn't they use the last name before?? I am sure you can see where this is going. The person I was talking to wasn't quite following what I was asking her. So as I am telling the story and got to the part where Mary Magdalene visited the tomb and it was empty. I told the kids she was Jesus's mother!!! Oops!! I was quickly corrected by every adult in the room. I always thought that it was his mother that went to visit him in the tomb. When I talked with some people after primary it did seem familiar that Mary Magdalene was Jesus's close friend and there is controversy as to what their actual relationship was. Lets just say I will always remember that and will never make that mistake again. It seems there are quite a few Marys in that story. It goes to show that we are always learning!!! My bishop always jokes that he is going to be bishop forever because he will have the calling until he gets it right and he is always messing up (so he says). I may be the primary president right along with him forever!!!
Jackson is getting so stinkin' big!!! I can hardly believe it! And that is too funny about your primary lesson.
ReplyDeleteHe looks like a little boy, not a baby anymore! Look at all that hair.
ReplyDeleteJackson's grown up a lot!
ReplyDelete