Family

Family

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lake Havasu

Our friends were nice enough to invite us to Lake Havasu with them again this year. (October 2011)  We had a lot of fun.  We mostly hung out on the lake and enjoyed some nice weather.  It was very hot during the day but in the evening on the lake it was perfect.  We got to see the sunset on the boat two nights and it was beautiful.  The kids had fun running around together and playing on the boat.  We played the newlywed game which is a tradition.  We used to all get together at the Milloy's house for dinner on Sundays and play the Newlywed game.  Since they moved to California we don't get to see them much anymore.  One of the nights all the guys went bowling till pretty late.  I guess they made a bet that whoever lost had to let the other guys throw eggs at them.  Brandon's brother Derek lost and Cody, Billy, and Brandon all threw eggs at him but none of them were able to hit him.  Goes to show that boys never grow up and apparently none of them can throw very well!!!!  


 Brandon, Kim, Easton, Maddie, Billy, Macey, Jackson, Me, Asher, and Katy - Cody was taking the picture and I am not sure what Derek was doing


 Cody getting ready to wakeboard





 Silly boys!!


 Taking a break on the shore





 Brandon and Macey on the wake surfer - she was a pretty good sport but she did let us know that this wasn't her favorite thing!!


 Jackson taking a nap on the boat


 Cody on the wake surf


 Billy and I with sleeping kids!!


 The rest of the boat - all the kids were taking naps on someone!!


 Jackson and Easton watching Katy wake surf


 Yes these are interesting pictures of me - but I think it is funny the facial expressions I make - I guess I need to work on making this look fun!!!  I do have lots of fun


 You can't tell unless you look at this picture up close but I have a very funny look on my face


 This is my I will get it done face!!! - The wake surfer is fun but I am probably not doing it right - Everytime I threw the rope in I would be done - I couldn't stay on the wave and surf like you are supposed to be able to do - I still had fun


 Derek brought his guitar and the kids loved playing it with him


 Jackson strumming it with the pick


 These two are so stinkin cute - Macey (the Milloy's little girl) and Asher (the May's little boy) they are very close in age


 Cody and Jackson getting ready to wakeboard


 Jackson is still happy to wakeboard with Cody - he doesn't act super happy but he also doesn't act scared either - he is willing to do it






 It is cute when Jackson sees a boat or is on a boat he says hit it - which is what we say when we are ready for the boat to pull you out of the water - as he was looking at the pictures while I am posting them he was saying hit it!!


 Here is proof that I do get some air when I wakeboard - I know it isn't tons but it is something!!


Billy was driving the boat for Brandon and Easton and Jackson were helping him - One of the times Jackson grabbed the throttle and gunned it - Brandon was pretty surprised


We had so much fun and love getting to hang out with our friends.  We miss getting to see them almost every Sunday but at least we are still able to get together some of the time.  Thanks again for the invite!!


1 comment:

  1. You got some great pictures! We had such a fun time with you guys. We miss all of our AZ friends SO MUCH. Sunday dinners at our house was always our favorite - tacos, The Newlywed Game, Bill's laugh echoing through my house :) .... all such good memories! We miss you guys tons and had so much fun at Havasu with you too. Two years in a row now? I think this is a tradition! We'll see you guys soon :)

    ReplyDelete