Family

Family

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

Cari and Garrett as usual were nice and hosted Thanksgiving at their house. Garrett is a pro at frying turkeys!! Cody and I brought the mashed potatoes, cranberries, and pumpkin pies. Everything was great, the turkey, noodles, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, green beans, and so on!! We decided to eat in the early afternoon so that we could let our food settle and then eat more later. Most of our nieces and nephews love Cody and usually just run by me on their way to Cody. It was nice that Ashlyn actually let me hold her a little bit and laid in my lap. Although she was told that if she sat with me for a little bit then Cody would hold her later!!! One of these days they will swing over to my side, just not sure when that will be!

Ashlyn and I digesting our turkey

Cody and Shayne

Cari, me, Bailey, and Aub playing games


Cody picking the meat off the turkey


The whole Thanksgiving crew
We had a very nice Thanksgiving and ate lots of yummy food. It is always fun to be able to just hang out, eat, and play games!! After eating Cari and Aubrey scoped out the ads for Black Friday. Once they decided what they wanted at the stores we went and scoped out Walmart so that Cari and Aubrey could get a plan for their early morning shopping. It is hard to say what is worse getting up at 2:30 am to go shopping at Walmart the day after Thanksgiving or having to work. Since I had to work and I did see an item in the ads that I wanted, Cari and Aubrey were nice enough to add that to their shopping list. They were very successful with their shopping and I was grateful that they took care of one of the items I needed! Thanks again Cari and Aub!! We had a great Thanksgiving and are so very thankful for the wonderful families that we have. As always thanks Cari and Garrett for letting us all invade your house!!!
I am so thankful for the wonderful life that Cody and I have together!!

2 comments:

  1. Em your hair is adorable. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a fun day! I like the pic on the top of your blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete