We had a pretty low key Christmas this year. Since Cody and I had done lots of fun things this year we decided that we were only going to get each other stocking stuffers. We spent Christmas at Cody's parents house. On Christmas Eve it was just Cody and I and Randy and Cindy. Cody did serenade us with some very nice violin music and we went over to Grandma Pearl's and he played lots of nice music for her. Since there weren't any other families there and no one with kids we slept in. I think Cody and I got up around 8:30 / 9:00 in the morning. We got up opened our gifts and then had a nice breakfast/lunch (probably more like brunch) of biscuits and gravy. It was nice to not worry a lot about gifts and to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. Aubrey and her kids came around 4 pm and we had a nice ham dinner and then Kim and Mike's family showed up that evening. Randy and Cindy had recently brought home a real pinball machine as a gift from Cindy's parents and we all had a good time with that. I am not real good but Cody get a pretty high score.

Cody playing his violin on Christmas Eve

The tree, not quite as full of gifts as it has been in years past when everyone is there!!

Cody with his wonderful stocking stuffers!!

Here we are with all our loot!!
Cindy had made all of the kids really nice quilts out of fabric that Debra had bought. She has been taking a quilting class at the college and did a really nice job on the quilts. It was an extremely thoughtful gift and all of the quilts turned out very nice.

Cody with Ashlyn and Carter
Cody is always practicing his police restraint moves on everyone. I am sure I can speak for others when I say that I HATE IT!! He was messing with Aubrey when Randy decided to give Cody a more even matching. Here he is in a nice wrestling match with his dad and I think at one point his dad had him!! Of course boys will always be boys!!

Cody and Randy wrestling in the kitchen
No comments:
Post a Comment