Family

Family

Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

After partying hard on New Year's Eve with some of our friends (of course we had way too much food and had a great time), we drove down to Sierra Vista on New Year's Day to go see my brother and his family. Chris and Rochelle had driven down from Colorado. We had a good time getting to see my parents, Chris and Rochelle and their wonderful kids. Right when we showed up we headed out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (Sierra Vista has moved up in the world since I lived there!!). We had good food and some good visiting.

Cody and I with Chris and Rochelle on the way out to Texas Roadhouse

Cody and I in front of my parent's Christmas tree


The next day we headed to Coronado cave. It was a good time and the weather was perfect.

The whole crew on our way up the trail to Coronado cave (minus my dad taking the picture)

Everyone inside the cave (my mom is taking the picture)

Here we are outside of the cave at the entrance

Up the road past the cave there is a trail that goes further up the mountain. You can see the border fence really well from here and Mexico is very close. There were several Border Patrol vehicles in the area and signs warning you that this is a common crossing place for people coming from Mexico.
At the top of the trail to the Coronado Monument


Here is the view from the top, the long line across is the border fence!!


Cody and I did get to see some snow on the trail!!

We had a good time. I got to play lots of games with Hayden, Alec, and Alyssa. Cody, Chris, Rochelle, and I stayed up Saturday night and played the James Bond trivia game that Cody and I got for Christmas, it was fun!! As always we had a good time getting to hang out with my family and had lots of good food!!

1 comment:

  1. We had fun too!!!!!! We will have to do it again soon!!

    ReplyDelete