Now onto the next party. So Cody and I had lots of discussions about what one would want to do on their 30th birthday. He basically made me believe that who cares, it is no big deal, and why shouldn't it just be like any other day. I am guessing you can believe how I felt about this!! So on the Sunday before my birthday Cody invited some friends over for dinner to celebrate. This year Cody did make me a cake so that was nice, but when everyone came for dinner they all had desserts with them. I started questioning why we needed so many desserts and just thought whatever. So after we were done eating lots of people started showing up at our house and several other desserts showed up with them!! Cody had planned a little surprise party for me. It was really nice and very sweet of him, of course I felt bad about our previous conversations.
Now on to party #3. Yes I am spoiled, or at least I was this year!!! Cody and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas with his parents. Here is my actual birthday and the really good waldorf cake that Cindy made for me. It was a nice low key evening. We had really good green chili burritos, enjoyed some cake, opened some gifts, listened to Cody play his violin, and then watched a movie.
I guess since we have no choice about getting older you may as well live it up!! I am very blessed to have so many family and friends that I got to celebrate my birthday with. Of course I got lots of nice gifts and thanks to everyone for the gifts! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!
Sounds like a really fun birthday! I'm glad everyone made it special for you. I need to start planning for my 30th, it's coming up this year.
ReplyDeleteWe both had the big 30 in the past several months. I am starting to feel old. Glad you were spoiled!
ReplyDelete