We went to the doctor today for his checkup and here is what he has been up to:
weighs 19 lbs 10 ozs and is 28 inches long (80% for weight and 90% for height)
still only rolls from his stomach to his back when he feels like it (very close to rolling on his back to his stomach)
no teeth yet
jabbers away (almost sounds like he is close to saying dada and mama but I think it is still jibberish)
laughs and smiles at just about anything especially his dad
rocks side to side to entertain you
will watch Baby Einstein and is glued to it
eats rice cereal and so far has had squash, peas, and carrots (seems to love all food)
grabs anything he can get his hands on and usually puts it in his mouth
freaks out for his bottles
usually only cries if he is tired or hungry
takes naps and goes to bed in his crib on his own
puts his thumb in the hole in his pacifier and occasionly tries to suck it but we pull it out if we see it!!
cries if he sees mom and dad walk away
loves to go swimming
anything that he sees he reaches his hands out to grab it
can sit up on his own for the most part but does still fall over after a little while
The doctor said he was advanced as far as doing things that a 9 month old would do as far as sitting up on his own and getting stranger danger and crying when we leave the room. I am excited about him being advanced in the sitting up but could do without the crying when we leave a room.
Here he is on his 6 month birthday.
After we walked around the aquarium and the mall for a tiny bit we headed over to The Claim Jumper for some food. It is a really good restaurant with very large food portions. Jackson did really good and enjoyed sitting in the high chair. He has gotten very grabby so you have to keep everything far from his reach and it seems he has a very long reach!! The awesome thing about Claim Jumper is you can make a reservation so you don't have to wait!!!
Once we were done at the Claim Jumper we continued to walk around the mall a little more and then went to the Rainforest Cafe for dessert. I really wanted to take Jackson there but I wasn't sure if he would like it so we figured we would just try dessert and see how it went. The Rainforest Cafe has lots of animals and displays that come to life on and off as you are eating. Probably about every 15 to 20 minutes there is a thunderstorm and it is pretty loud. He really liked it. We were near some gorillas and everytime they started moving and making noise he was just watching them. It was pretty funny when the thunderstorm started, he was just looking around and his eyes were all big but he didn't get scared. The cheesecake was very good and I am sure more calories than I should have had in one day but hey it was my anniversary!! Here are some pictures at the Rainforest Cafe.
As we were about to leave the mall we walked out by the aquarium and noticed it was pretty much empty. They stamp your hand as you go through and you are able to go back as many times as you want in the same day (hey it is $18.50 an adult!!) they should let you go back!! We decided to go through one more time and get our moneys worth. It was great the second time around because we could see everything and take our time without being shoved around by obnoxious people and their kids.
Sounds like a great time! We need to take our kids there sometime!
ReplyDeleteHe is getting so big we can not wait to see you at bear lake. Happy late anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1/2 birthday and happy anniversary. I worked on your anniversary and thought of you. You can ask the girls at work. I told them it was my 1/2 anniversary and your whole one! We got Andrew's pj's yesterday. They are so cute! I can't wait to put him in them. I put them in the laundry. I don't always wash everything first, but figured I would try to be a good mom! Thanks for the pjs'!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Does that mean we are all getting old? Cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics! Everytime I check your blog, Jackson keeps on getting bigger! Oh, and this is Miriam, and I got a blog, by the way. Just click on my profile and you will see it.
ReplyDeleteOh, and PS. What diaper brand does Jackson use? I did a science project on diaper absorbency, and Huggies was the best. Just wondering.
ReplyDelete