Family

Family

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jackson's Sealing

We were able to have Jackson sealed to us in the Mesa Temple on Saturday May 8th. It was one of the best days ever. It was such a wonderful feeling to be together in the Temple as an eternal family. We had so many friends and family members that were able to share in this neat experience with us. Jackson did pretty good at first but cried for most of the actual sealing. The temple sealer asked us if he said everyone's names correct and I honestly had no idea because I had Jackson crying in my ear. Thankfully others were there to verify that everything was correct!! I can't describe in words the amazing feeling that I felt when we were finally an Eternal Family, it was so wonderful!! Cody and I had been waiting for that moment for a long time and it was even more special than I thought it would be. Even though we have only had Jackson for a few months it feels like he has been part of our family forever. I know that Heavenly Father sent Jackson here to be with Cody and I and we are the luckiest people in the world to have this special little boy. He brings a smile to your face the minute you look at him. Here are some pictures of the special day.

Jackson before the sealing

The two best looking guys I know!!

Here is a shot of most of the people at the sealing. We didn't get everyone because several people had to take off before we could get a picture taken. (Actually we are missing quite a few people in this picture it is mostly just mine and Cody's family here.)

Here is a picture of all the Castle's that were there. Chris and Rochelle made the long drive from Denver to share Jackson's special day with us!!


Cody with his two great friends from high school Lamar and Matt

Here we are together as an offical family!!!

Going in and out of the Temple we got lots of comments on how cute Jackson was and everybody loved his sunglasses. One lady even asked if she could take a picture of Jackson!! He is pretty funny he loves wearing his sunglasses and doesn't try to take them off. He probably realizes that without them he wouldn't be able to see anything since it was so bright outside!! I am so grateful for the wonderful family that I have and am thankful for everyone that came to support Cody and I. I know the rest of the family that wasn't able to make it was there with us in spirit and would have come if they could have!!

After we left the Temple we headed over to the park behind our church and had a nice little picnic with all our family and friends. We ordered 25 pizzas and had some good desserts (thank you to Cody's family for bringing some yummy desserts) and suprisingly didn't have too much left afterwards. It was nice to get to visit with all the family and friends and let the kids run around and have a good time. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but hopefully someone in the family did and I will be able to add some pictures later.

A very kind person in California decided they wanted to celebrate Jackson's specail day and was so kind to steal Cody's debit/credit card number and spent $1,007.59 at a mexican restaurant and then some other smaller charges!! Thankfully Cody checked our account that night these all posted and he was able to get his card cancelled right away and we got our money back. I can't imagine spending that much money at a restaurant, but I guess if it is on someone else's dime they figured they would live it up!!


***I am waiting for some more pictures to add to this post so check back later, I do have pictures with the Mullenaux side of the family they just weren't on my camera!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this Emily! I am so happy for you and your wonderful family. You're right...you're so blessed to have Jackson. He's so blessed to have you. Both my sons prayed for a long time that you guys would have a baby (since Cody was such a good home teacher) and it is finally good to see your prayers answered. Congrats sweetie! Enjoy that little angel. They grow us sooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you are an eternal family now! I really wish that our family could come down to the sealing to meet him!

    ReplyDelete