We were able to bless Jackson on May 9th which also happened to be Mother's Day. Unfortunately over the years I have come to dislike Mother's Day. I am sure you can guess why since it was just one more reminder to me of how I wasn't a mother and everybody else was. This was the best Mother's Day ever!!! We had Jackson sealed to us the day before and so we still had some family in town for the blessing. I did still have to go to one meeting before church (next year they better cancel for us mothers!!) but it was a great day. Cody went all out for my first official Mother's Day and got me a pearl necklace, pearl bracelet, and pearl earrings!!! They were real ones too, not the $20 kind that don't look like pearls after about a week (trust me I saw the bill later!). The day was pretty low key since we celebrated with everyone the night before at the park after Jackson's sealing so we were able to relax a little bit.

Here is Cody putting on the pearl necklace - yes I know I have a weird look on my face but I was very happy!!
My brother Chris and his family were able to come done for the sealing and blessing. They stayed at our house so we were able to spend some time with them while they were here. Jackson had a good time getting to know his cousins.

Jackson hanging out before church with his cousins Hayden and Alec - our church isn't until 2pm so we got to hang out for a while!!!

Alec and Jackson watching the Wiggles before church

Alyssa and Jackson

Grandma and Grandpa Castle with Jackson in his blessing outfit

Me, my mom, and my brother Chris just before church
I wasn't sure how Jackson would do with the blessing. He cried during the sealing so I was sure that he would probably cry during the blessing. He didn't cry at all it was great. Cody gave him such a wonderful blessing and he didn't make a peep!! We were blessed to have lots of friends and family that were able to be there for the blessing.

Here is a picture of most of the people that came - some people had already taken off before we could catch them but this was most of us. We didn't include any of our friends from the ward in the picture because they were busy doing their callings during Sunday School!!

This is Alicia (Jackson's birthmother) and her beautiful daughter Verity - we were glad that they were able to make the blessing
Here are some pictures of Jackson in his blessing outfit. Thankfully there were no puking or diaper accidents while he was wearing it. Sis. Maggie Burns from my ward made Jackson the nice white blanket that he is laying on!! I was so excited when she told me she was making it for Jackson.




What a cutie!!
Of course we had to get some pictures of him with me and Cody!!

Our perfect little family!!!
We are so thankful for all of the people that came and made this such a special day for me, Cody, and especially Jackson. I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for choosing us to be Jackson's parents. He is the sweetest baby and we love him so much. I check on him so many times at night because I love just watching him sleep and knowing that he is my baby!! I am back on board with Mother's Day again so that is good as well!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment