Family

Family

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jackson Day 2012

This year for Jackson Day we took Jackson out to eat at The Rainforest Cafe.  Cody even made up a song for Jackson Day.  It isn't anything fancy but it was to the tune of Jingle Bells.  And it went Jackson Day Jackson Day it's Jackson Day today.  He is always making up silly random songs so we obviously didn't plan ahead to have a song or anything (we aren't that crazy)!  Several days after Jackson Day, Jackson was wandering around the house singing the song Cody made up.   


Jackson and me at Rainforest Cafe - 2/4/2012



Jackson doing his typical pushing me away - or get away mommie



Enjoying his special drink - Jackson loves getting special drinks!!  I ordered a Raspberry Lemonade for him and me and I guess the waiter thought we meant Raspberry Iced Tea - it looked funny but we did both drink a little bit of it before we realized what it was - he wasn't happy when we confiscated his special drink!!!  When we asked the waiter if it was tea he said yeah you ordered Raspberry Lemonade iced tea!!  He didn't quite understand why we didn't want tea!!!  Thankfully he did get us regular lemonade



Jackson excited about the animals making some noise at the Rainforest Cafe - Cody is never excited when I try to drag him to the Rainforest Cafe but I love to see the excitement on Jackson's face so I am willing to pay the high price they charge for not so great food - it is worth it to me


Jackson with his dad



Sitting at the bar on the cute barstools they have trying to order himself up another special drink!!


After we were done eating we walked around the mall and let Jackson pick out 2 little stuffed animals from the Disney Store.  He was excited and called them his little guys.  We did try and steer him towards ones we liked but we did still let him pick them out.  As we were leaving the mall we were trying to find a payless to go to so I could get Jackson some more church shoes.  He has wide feet and payless is about the only place to get shoes for him besides ordering them online and not having to pay a ton for shoes that aren't worn for very long before he out grows them.  We discovered as we were in the parking lot of the mall that there was a payless at the mall.  Cody stayed in the car with Jackson and I ran in to see if they had the shoes since I knew what size I needed and which ones I wanted.  This entrance to the mall had a large police presence going on but they were allowing people into the mall.  They didn't have the shoes in his size and as I was about to the leave the mall Cody texted me and told me to go out a different door because more police were showing up.  We saw on the news later that night that they were evacuating the mall because a guy was threatening someone with a gun.  Lovely, at least we were leaving at this point anyway and didn't get caught up in all the craziness!!!  After we left that mall the next stop was a payless at another seedy mall to see if they had the shoes.  At least they did have the shoes and Jackson was excited to play at the play area for a little bit.  He might have even picked up a little bit of Spanish while we were there!!!


He had a lot of fun on this little ride





I think he is still excited in this picture but he just looks a little crazy too


My mom had sent a package to Jackson for Valentine's Day that randomly came on Jackson Day so we let him open it.  He was the most excited about the money that was in a card that was technically for me because I had bought some fabric for my mom.


 
Checking out the money


Showing it to dad - he carried around this money for as long as we would let him!!!


Showing off the shirt he got from Grandma Castle - he also got some cute pjs



Enjoying a root beer float popsicle for dessert




He is showing off his little guys he got - an eeyore and stitch




 This was the next day just before church - he loves to carry around chapstick - he is showing it to me - he usually has 3 or 4 at a time


No comments:

Post a Comment