Family

Family

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Welcoming Tyson to the family

Jackson was a very quick unexpected arrival so we tried to surprise as many people as we could with him.  We wanted to do the same with Tyson.

This is Jackson meeting Tyson for the first time - he was more excited than I thought he would be - he was super cute and reached over and tickled Tyson's foot - I also think he was super excited to get to be with his parent's again - he stayed over at our friends house for two nights

 

I was so excited to see Jackson again - I felt bad that he wasn't with us and when we would talk on the phone from the hospital he would say I want you mommy - it was sad



Here is how we tried to spread the word about Tyson.  My family lives all over so there was no way any of them could come and see Tyson so I sent them a text from the hospital.  I told them that Jackson wanted to let them know he was going to be a big brother.  I waited for a few minutes before I texted back.  Several people were confused and asked if I was pregnant.  Then I texted them back a picture of Tyson and explained briefly what was going on.  My parents and my sister already knew mostly what was going on.  My parents weren't able to come up because they were out of town at my brother's house in Colorado.  Next we started texting our friends and hoped that we got the word out to everyone, if we didn't let you know I am sorry.  We were both texting everyone from our phones and may have forgotten some people. 

This was what we did for Cody's family.  Cody's oldest sister Stacie knew what was going on but she was the only one.  She and I were shopping at Arizona Mills a few weeks before Tyson was born and she saw me looking at baby clothes and started asking me a lot of questions.  I didn't know that we were getting Tyson for sure but I was hopeful.  I finally spilled the beans to her after I decided to buy some Big Brother/Little Brother shirts.  After we were told we were going to be Tyson's parents we invited Cody's family over for Sunday dinner.  The Sunday just after he was born.  We told the family members that live a few hours away that we were going to plan the family reunion for this summer at dinner since we are in charge this year and invited them to come give input.  We hoped that might get them to come without letting them know anything was going on.  This was a gamble because we weren't sure exactly when he would be born.  Cody's parents didn't want to make the drive just for reunion planning so Cody texted them a picture of Tyson and they responded back we will be there.  All the local people were in and Cody's sister from Tucson decided to come.  Stacie who lives in Flagstaff already knew so she was definitely coming and we were working on Cod'ys sister from St. Johns.  They were in town that weekend shopping for houses so Cody was trying to get them to stay for Sunday dinner.  It turned out that the weather was going to be bad in Flagstaff on Sunday so Stacie asked if she could come on Saturday.  Mark and Stacie and two of their kids showed up about 10 minutes after we got home from the hospital.  They brought stuff to make us dinner and dessert.  It was great and they brought gifts for Jackson and Tyson.  Since Kim who lives in St. Johns wasn't going to stay over to Sunday Cody was trying to get her to stop by our house.  He told her Jackson wanted to see her.  I didn't think this was going to work so I told him to tell her husband Mike he had some ammo for him.  I knew this would get them to stop.  And it worked!!  I think Stacie or someone had Tyson hidden and came around the corner after they came in the door.  They were very excited and surprised.  It was funny Cody's twin sister Cari tends to know everybodies secrets and what is going on in the family and Stacie and Kim were so happy that they knew and got to see Tyson before she did!!  Now for the rest of the family at Sunday dinner the next day.  Cody's parents knew what was going on now but no one else did.  Cody went to pick up Little Ceasars for dinner (please don't judge we just got a second child with little notice I was definitely not going to cook anything!!).  I was hoping that Cody's parents would show up first but they didn't.  Jackson was taking a nap and Tyson was getting hungry.  I had Tyson in our bathroom so hopefully no one would hear him and I kept running back and forth putting his pacifier in his mouth.  Of course Cody's twin sister showed up first (Cody was still getting the pizza) so I had to adandon Tyson.  Thankfully his parents were just behind her.  I intercepted Cindy at the doorway and had her go feed Tyson in my room.  Everyone that showed up after kept asking where Cindy was and I told them she was in the bathroom.  Cody showed up with the pizza and we got a few weird looks from people wondering why we invited them to Sunday dinner and then got pizza!!  One of my sister in laws did ask us if we were making some kind of announcement!!  I calmly said no we are just wanting to plan the reunion.  Cody's sister Aubrey from Tucson was going to be late so we went ahead and blessed the food and let people start to eat.  Cody went and got Cindy and Tyson.  It took people a while before they noticed her and that she was holding a baby.  We got lots of good reactions and then got to surprise Aubrey's family about 30 minutes later.  I was fun!!  I wish we would have videoed it but we didn't.  We didn't get any pictures of the surprises really either.
      

Chase and Kailin meeting Tyson Saturday night 3/17

Kim with Tyson Saturday night 3/17


Mark and Stacie were nice to help us get a family picture in our St. Patricks day shirts.  I put a lot of them on here because I think it's funny seeing the mess ups and also we got lots of good ones!!



Tyson tried to leap out of my hands  so I was trying to get him under control

 
Cody is really bad about having his eyes closed in pictures or making a funny look


Seriously!!!  Eyes shut again!!


In the middle of taking pictures Jackson decided he wanted to hold Tyson - he didn't say a word just reached over and pulled him towards him - it was funny

Then all of a sudden he decided he wanted to give him back!!

 


He jumps on our couch and says he is jumping on a trampoline - I promise we don't let him do this at other people houses but we do at ours!!  Well at least I try not to let him!!

 
After Cody's sisters left on Saturday Tyson had a gift for Jackson!!  He gave him a set of wood construction trucks that come apart and a book called I'm a Big Brother.



Jackson checking out what he got

 

Of course he is playing with the thermometer and not his trucks in this picture!!




Tyson's first night in his cradle - we have the same picture of Jackson - just like Jackson, Tyson didn't stay there very long - he actually slept better in his car seat for awhile so we let him!!  3/17



Later that night trying to put him in his swaddle blanket



All bundled up - this didn't last very long



This is on Sunday 3/18 just after we surprised Cody's family - I realized later that I had fingerprints on my camera lens so some of the pictures are fuzzy in the bottom left corner - very annoying!!



It was a challenge to get Jackson to look in these pictures and sit still!!  They are wearing there Big Brother / Little Brother shirts






Cody's sister from Tucson stayed the night.  We put some of her kids in Jackson's room and some on the couch.  They woke up their oldest boy and told him to go to the bathroom and then to move him out on the couch.  No one could find him after he was done in the bathroom.  He was lost in my small house!!!  We found him in the pack n play with his little brother!!  We aren't sure how he got in there while he was sleep walking and how he didn't wake up his little brother.  It was pretty funny!!! 

 
Of course we took pictures of it!!


Jackson got to bed very late Sunday night and woke up very early Monday morning with Aubrey's kids.  After they left I went to change his diaper.  As I got up to throw the diaper away he said I want to take a rest (which he hardly ever says) and by the time I got back from throwing the diaper away he was out!!


Jackson out like a light on the floor



I love this picture - Cody and his two boys!!  Just after he got off work 3/19


 
Our friends came over Monday night to meet Tyson and bring us dinner - they were so nice and got Jackson a gift - he is really excited about the play doh - they also got a really cute outfit for Tyson



Checking it out - Jackson has gotten spoiled by gifts from lots of people that got stuff for Tyson


 



What a cutie!!



It has been a whirlwind but we have loved every minute of it.  We are getting back into the swing of things a little more each day and I feel like someday soon my house will be clean again.  Although that is debatable with Jackson around.  He makes a mess really fast and isn't good at cleaning things up yet.  Something I continue to work on!!!  After getting Jackson and Tyson pretty fast and somewhat unexpected I am not sure how it would be if we had a lot of notice!!  I wouldn't change it for anything and am so grateful for our little boys and for everyone who has given Tyson and Jackson gifts and even brought us over dinner.  We got very spoiled and had lots of great food!!!  Thanks to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment