Family

Family

Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Story of Tyson

If you have been confused about the picture on top of my blog well this will explain it.  I wanted to get this posted a lot sooner but I also really wanted to get my blog updated before I did.  Here is the story of Tyson Drew.  He was born on March 16th at 11:20 am.  He weighed 7lbs 10 ozs and was 20.5 inches long.  No I wasn't pregnant!!  We are adopting this sweet little boy!!


Tyson at 12:35 pm just over an hour old!!


After Jackson's adoption I figured any future adoptions would be a lot different and maybe more planned out with us having to wait a while for our baby to be born.  This was not the case with Tyson.  Cody got a phone call in the morning on Saturday Feb 25th from his cousin.  He told us that a baby was born the day before and the girl wanted to give it up for adoption.  Cody's cousin has a friend who knows a doctor and that doctor we believe knows the doctor that delivered Tyson.  I was told by Cody's cousin to send an email to this doctor that his friend knows and they were going to print my email off and show it to this girl.  I quickly sent the email within about 30 minutes and then got ready thinking that we were going to be rushing to a hospital to hopefully meet this girl.  It was a long day and we never heard anything.  On Sunday I emailed the doctor again to see if she at least got my email and if she knew anything.  At this point I figured we weren't going to hear anything and that someone else probably got the baby.  We never heard back.  By Monday I figured we would never hear back and we weren't going to get this baby.  On Wednesday February 29th I was at work (I have a part time job that is two mornings a week) talking to my co-workers and my cell phone rang.  I didn't recognize the number but I answered it.  The girl told me her name and said she was due in three weeks with a little boy and asked if we were interested in meeting her.  I thought are you kidding me of course we are interested in meeting with you!!!!  I could hardly contain my excitement.  We set a meeting for Monday March 5th.  This was the same girl that Cody's cousin had heard about.  There was obviously some miscommunications.  Suprisingly the rest of the week and the weekend didn't seem to drag on too long.  Finally Monday rolled around and about 3 hours before we were going to meet up she had to cancel and said she would call the next day to reschedule.  I didn't hear from her the next day.  I sent her a few texts and then on Friday evening March 9th she said she was headed to the hospital because she thought she was in early labor and thought the baby was going to be born over the weekend.  We told her she could contact us any time any hour no matter what she needed.  She said she would keep us updated.  We didn't hear back.  I texted her again on Tuesday March 13th to see how she was doing.  She texted me back that day at 11:50 am and said she was going to be induced on Friday and that she wanted to meet us before then.  I told her we could meet anytime, anyplace even that same day if it worked out for her.  We met up that evening.  We had a really good meeting with her.  I was so impressed by what a strong, wonderful person she is.  She said she had met with 5 other couples and didn't like any of them.  Two of them had told her they wanted to have a girl.  I thought that was so sad for someone to say.  She told us that when she read our email and looked at the links I provided for her she thought we were to good to be true.  Thankfully after meeting us in person she did still like us!!  She said you guys really are easy going and nice.  We were fortunate that Jackson was being really good when we met with her!!  We visited for just over 2 hours and she told us she wanted us to adopt her little boy!!!  We were so excited!!  She said she would let us know when they were planning on inducing her.  On Thursday March 15th the hospital finally called her in for her induction and she texted us just after 11 pm.  We dropped Jackson off at a friends house, got ready, and then headed over to the hospital.  We showed up at the hospital around 2:30 am.  We had a pretty long wait on the couches in the waiting area.  Our friend showed up to take pictures for us maybe around 5:30 / 6 am so it was nice to have some company.  About 30 mins before Tyson was born we were invited into her room to see her and meet her mom.  He was born at 11:20 am on Friday March 16th.  When he was born we were in the hallway right outside the door so we saw him right after they pulled him out and put him under the warmer to start cleaning him off.  He was so sweet and didn't cry a ton but I think he had a lot of gunk in his lungs still that he was trying to clear out.  Cody was able to cut the cord.  We got put in the room next door and they wheeled him in there and we got to stay with him the rest of the way.  They cleaned him off, let us hold him, and then we were checked into a room on the next floor where we got to stay over night with him.  He got his first bath and then from that point we were pretty much taking care of him.  The nurses would come in and check on him but besides that he was with us the whole time.  When we showed up at the hospital we weren't sure if we were going to have our own room and be able to stay with him so we weren't sure what to expect.  That evening Cody went to check on Jackson and got him settled in bed and then he came back to the hospital to stay the night.  Everything went great.  He was up quite a bit the first night and wanted to be held a lot.  The next day he got his hearing checked and was checked out by the pediatrician.  We were given the go ahead to take him home.  We left the hospital around 4:30 pm on March 17th.  


 Getting to hold Tyson for the first time


 I feel like he looks huge in these pictures!!






 Getting his footprints done


 Getting cleaned up after his first bath




 Chowing down - he is a really good eater




 His first father and son nap time


 Getting his hearing checked - he passed!!


Cuddling with mom




About to get dressed so we can go home!!


In his St. Patrick's Day shirt - we brought him home on St. Patrick's Day - I bought this shirt on a whim thinking that he might be born before St. Patrick's Day and that was also assuming that she was going to choose us - I am glad I bought it!!!


So excited to have our new baby boy and get to introduce him to his big brother Jackson!!


  All packed up and ready to go home!!



We feel so blessed to have Tyson in our lives.  He is such a wonderful little guy.  It is amazing to see our prayers answered and to be able to welcome another sweet boy into our family and with such a neat and exciting story.  The Lord definitely knows where these angels are meant to be.  We feel so blessed to have two of them now.  Thanks to everyone who has kept us in their prayers, we really appreciate it.

8 comments:

  1. he is cute. congratulations! hope I can see him sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Such a fun story! I have loved reading your posts over the last little while since I found your blog a few months ago. So glad you have those two sweet boys to love and they have amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie. I was trying to remember yesterday when exactly his birthday was so I could write it down. It was fun to read his story. Hope all's going well and you had a fun Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited for your family!! What an amazing story for such an awesome family! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I've been waiting for this update!! Congratulations on that handsome little boy! Can't wait to follow along as this little man & his big brother grow so very big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are SoOoOoOoOo happy for you guys! YAY! He is a cutie! Congrats, and what a fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for your guys, he looks like family!! I loved the story too!!

    ReplyDelete