On 2/9/10 we took Jackson to his first doctors appt. He was 7 weeks old and weighed 11 lbs 4 ozs and was 22 inches long. Since it was close enough to being a 2 month appt the doctor went ahead and let us get his shots. I felt bad for the poor nurse they gave us, I guess she was in training and when she came in the room to ask us questions about Jackson and we had hardly any answers since he is adopted she was a little confused. Once the doctor came in he asked us if we also had a daughter, and we said no. Somehow the nurse had added herself onto our chart as our daughter!!
Jackson seems to be growing up way too fast. I am not sure when babies are supposed to do everything but he seems like he is trying to be ahead of the game.
On 2/13/10 (just under 2 months old by 5 days) he rolled from his stomach to his back at 11:30 pm just after we got back from surprising Cody's family with him.
Then again on 2/15/10 he rolled over again from his stomach to his back!!
Unfortunately the circumstances were a funeral but Jackson got to meet lots of extended family and friends on 2/15/10 at Cody's Uncle Tom's funeral.
Ever since we have had him he is quick to smile at you and on 2/15/10 he started to laugh!! He is such a happy baby and doesn't mind letting anyone hold him and will give them lots of smiles.
Here are a bunch of pictures of the cutest boy ever!!!
We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family who have been so generous towards Jackson, ok I will just say it..he is totally spoiled. My work put together a really nice shower for Jackson and the following pictures are from a shower that my friends (Kristy, Katy, and Michelle) put together. They have a real knack for throwing awesome parties.
On Saturday 3/13/10 Jackson rolled over 3 times in a row from his stomach to his back. He went the same direction twice and then rolled over to the other side. He is growing up too fast!!!
One last thing...so it seems people always talk about how when their babies sleep in their room they are really noisy and it is nice to be able to move them into their own room. The other night Cody had to get up early and was already in bed. As I was putting Jackson to sleep in his cradle I was unsure if he would be able to stay asleep with some of the loudest snoring I have ever heard!!! So when do we get to move our husbands into their own room because they are too noisy!! Ok one more funny story...yesterday Cody was asleep on the couch and woke up saying he didn't know where the new diapers were. I said what?? He again said where are all of the new diapers I can't find them. I said in the bucket under the table where they always are. Oh the days of parenthood when now you are dreaming about diapers!!
You crack me up! Cutest pictures ever!! He poses so well ;) And the part about Cody snoring & dreaming-- HILARIOUS!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is so awesome to see you guys as parents- you guys are pros already! Jackson is adorable, we love all the pictures!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to meet the little guy. Glad things are going good. He looks adorable!
ReplyDelete