Family

Family

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Special Moment

Ever since Jackson has come into our lives, he has brought us so much happiness and we have had several special moments. One of those moments happened shortly after Aubrey's baby Ian was blessed and Isaac was baptized. Dad told me he had a present for Jackson and to make sure I hooked up with him before I left. Before I go any further, for those of you that did not know I had three passions growing up. First I was convinced I was going to be a farmer. Finally after several years, I realized unless I had a personal fortune, I would never make it as a farmer. From there, I was torn between my next two passions. Should I be a fireman or a policeman. While I lived in Thatcher, I was on the volunteer fire department for two years. I loved every last minute there. I seriously thought about pursuing a career in fire fighting but knew I would have regrets if I didn't at least try out my other passion of being a police officer. All of you know how that turned out as I am currently working in law enforcement. So onto the special moment...

I met with dad and Cindy out at their car for Jackson's present. They gave me a box of diapers from Grandma and Grandpa Weech (thanks, very much appreciated). I was also given a blanket that Cindy had made for Jackson (again, thanks, Jackson loves his blanket from Grandma). Next I pulled out an outfit for Jackson. As I pulled it out, I noticed it had a fire truck with a fireman on it. I didn't think much about it until dad gave me a little letter. It went something like this...

"Dear Son,

This outfit for Jackson is a bit different than any other you will receive. Even though it is brand new and has never been worn, it is also nearly 10 years old. You'll notice the "Fireman" theme as you unfold it. Your Mother saw it and bought it before she passed away because you loved the fire dept. so much. She wanted your first son to have it. I have been saving it in a bottom drawer all these years and the time has come to present it to you for your son to wear.

What a wonderful and special experience to receive a gift from Mom for your first son. I know you will always treasure this gift and the special memories that accompany it. When you bless your precious little baby boy and when he is sealed to you, your Mom will be present to witness it and you will be able to feel her presence.

Love,
Dad"


Pretty Cool Outfit Aye!!!



Dad has a unique way of bringing tears out of his son. So far every one who has read it or I have shared it with (mostly family) have all shed tears. What a truly special gift it is for Jackson, Emily, and especially for me. Each time I re-read the letter, I experience so many emotions. All are good of course. We have truly been blessed to have Jackson in our lives and we love and treasure him so much. I can only imagine that Mom was able to spend some valuable time with Jackson and get to know him and love him before he was sent to this earth to start his life with so many people from so many families that love him.

Posted by Cody

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! That is wonderful. Something to treasure always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome story! You are right about shedding tears. Glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! He looks adorable is his little fireman outfit. We love you guys and I can't wait to meet your little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing that with us again! That is an awesome story and one that will be treasured forever! He looks adorable in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears in my eyes too! What a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete