Family

Family

Saturday, January 15, 2011

One Already!!!

On December 18th (exactly a week from Christmas!!) Jackson turned 1. He is growing up so fast. We wanted to have a party for him since we weren't able to be there when he was born. We decided to have family and friends come and celebrate with us at the park. It couldn't have been a more perfect day, the weather was beautiful.

Jackson resting up before his big party


Showing off his cool birthday shirt just before the party







Jackson's Very Hungry Caterpillar Cake - the face was Jackson's cake to smash up - I really like how the cake turned out - my friend had done this same cake for her son's birthday and I was glad she didn't care that I used it too


A closer look


Here are the rest of the goodies - it doesn't look like we would have stayed up till 3:30 am the night before working on all of this but sadly we did!! The night before we went to the Nutcracker so that is part of the reason we were up so late!!!


Here is a shot of some of the party guests - we should have done a group photo but we didn't


Jackson opening his gifts - he did pretty good - he wasn' t to sure what to do but would get excited when he saw the gift come out


Very excited!!



Yeah!!!


Taking a peek inside


Talking to his new lion


Tearing some paper!!



Jackson showing off all his loot!! - Thanks to everyone for the gifts he loves everything!!



We got him the police car that he can ride in!! He has a lot of fun with it but does sometimes get run over by it because he falls out of the seat!!



He was already strapped in his little high chair but I wanted him closer to his cake and he got a little mad about that!!! Here he is about to blow out his candle



Checking out his candle



About to dig into his cake - He wasn't to sure at first and he doesn't really like his hands to be dirty so I think that is what bothered him - He did eat some of it but I think he mostly just played in it



Trying to share with daddy



Yummy!!



Having a great time!



Look at that cute face!







He made a pretty good mess!!



So I had bought a cute little party hat for Jackson but forgot to put it on at his party - Here he is showing off his birthday hat and playing with all his new toys - I was opening them up as fast as I could unfortunately toys are attached to the package SO WELL that it takes a long time!!



Happy Birthday to Me!!!



Thanks to everyone that came to Jackson's party, gave/sent him a gift, or called to wish him Happy Birthday. It was a great day and Jackson had a great time. We are so blessed to have Jackson as part of our family and love him so much. He is growing up so fast and does so many cute things. Of course there are plenty of not so cute moments but the cute moments seem to make the other moments totally worth it!! Happy Birthday Jackson, we love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment