Family

Family

Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Year's Eve 2011

We spent New Year's Eve in Snowflake.  My nephew turned 8 and was getting baptized.  My brother and his family live in Colorado but decided to do the baptism in Snowflake so more family could be there.  We were excited because we were able to go.  We got up really early the day of and drove over to Snowflake.



 This is after the baptism when they were having a birthday party for Hayden - Jackson was enjoying playing with the ballons






 Jackson next to Hayden while he is opening his gifts


 Alyssa was the official holder of the opened presents


 The little kids were interested while Hayden was counting up the birthday money he got


 Jackson enjoying a cupcake - if he sees a cupcake or cake now he tells me I need a cupcake!!  Even thought he mostly just licked some of the icing off




 Playing Twister


 Alyssa with Jackson and Verity holding Caleb


 Jackson got to go on a golf cart ride with his Uncle Chris and cousin Alec


A nice shot of my brother's family - they will be moving to England this summer for several years - we are going to miss them - I am hoping to save up some money to go see them but it may be a long shot after I checked out how expensive tickets to England are!!


As we were hanging out at Rochelle's parents house Cody discovered that our car was leaking fluid.  Thankfully Rochelle's dad and brother Carl are really good mechanics.  They helped us get our car rigged up so we could get home and fix it since most of the car part stores were already closed on New Year's Eve in Snowflake.  We are so grateful for them they spent a lot of time helping Cody out.  It was nice though because I got to visit longer before we left.  The rest of our night was pretty uneventful.  We got back to our house around 9 pm I think.  Jackson slept the whole ride home so he was up for the New Year!!  I was dosing on and off on the couch.  I had a cold and we had gotten up pretty early to go to Snowflake and didn't get much sleep the night before.  I did actually wake up for the official New Year, but it was pretty lame and we didn't capture any pictures of it.  Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment