Family

Family

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 1 - Providence, RI and Narragansett, RI

So hopefully this won't be the only post. I want to tell about the vacation that Cody and I just went on to New England. We had some standby Southwest Airlines tickets that we needed to use so we basically planned the trip as we went.

Day 1 - We flew into Providence, RI on Thursday, Sept 3rd. Thankfully, we had no problems getting on the flight. Unfortunately we ended up sitting next to a lady that I sort of met in the bathroom before our flight. The lady in the stall next to me clearly had some stomach issues and was sick, lucky us we ended up sitting next to her. I recognized her shoes, obviously not soon enough to grab another seat but thankfully she took some dramamine and slept almost the whole way. Nothing to exciting happened this first day, we ate at a good Italian place called Bertucci's and then drove to Naragansett to check out the beaches in the dark. We learned quickly that everything was going to cost money and that there aren't any places to park that are free. We got close to the water and tried to check things out but unfortunately we had parked at a little hotel and as we walked across the street someone started circling our rental car and calling someone on their cell phone. I panicked about getting our rental car towed the first night so we literally saw water and then turned around and rushed to get our car out of there. We finally found a dock somewhere where we could park and took a picture next to a boat.

Boat in Naragansett, RI

No comments:

Post a Comment