Family

Family

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Kristi Yamaguchi, Backstreet Boys, and Guns

You might ask what these three things have in common....well last night Cody, Cari, Garrett, and I went to see Kristi Yamaguchi and Friends ice skating to live music of the Backstreet Boys. It was a lot of fun. We had front row seats and were as close as you could get to the Backstreet Boys. Where we were sitting we could see the skaters getting ready and also the band come out each time they sang. Even though Cody and Garrett won't openly admit it they had fun. It is amazing how many girls and some guys (probably not straight ones) are obsessed with the Backstreet Boys. You knew every time they were about to come out because you could hear the seats empty out and the girls run over to try and get as close as they could to them. There was even some shoving involved, name calling, homemade signs, and wonderful bedazzled shirts. Surprisingly none of the fans seemed to be less than 200 lbs! I was worried that Cody or Garrett were going to get taken about by one of them since they were cracking jokes about them right next to them but I guess they were too caught up in screaming over the Backstreet Boys to hear them! Some of the people sitting behind us were very envious of our nice seats. I had no idea the seats would be as good as they were. I got an email at work about a week before saying that the tickets were half off so I got 4 of them. We also learned the secret to how when you see the ice skating specials on tv no one messes up. After the show was over the skaters that fell or had mishaps, for example Michael Weiss's skate broke during one of his performances, they have them redo it so they can edit the show for tv. A few of the skaters Kristi included needed 3 tries to get it right!!! So you can check out the show on Sunday November 1st on NBC from 1-3 pm Pacific Standard Time. Cody and Garrett are praying that they be won't seen in the background!!

So now on to the guns. This afternoon after my primary activity Cody and I went shooting with a return missionary that used to be in our ward and his fiance. We had a good time. I finally got to shoot my new gun that Cody got for me since he traded in my other gun that I got to shoot once for a gun for him and then bought me a new one! I am definitely not the best shooter out there but Cody and I did win the competition that we had against the other couple!! And yes, I did contribute to the win. Sorry we didn't take any pictures of either of these events but I am sure you can imagine it!!

1 comment:

  1. Emily I am so glad that I found you. How are things? jjandmarlo.blogspot.com We have to get together some time!

    ReplyDelete