Family

Family

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What would you do for $50??

Sorry this may be a little long!!! Sooo....with some of the money we received from the showers we had and with some of the giftcards we received I decided to get a new digital camera that also shoots videos. Mine is supposed to shoot video but I don't think that feature ever worked and unfortunately I didn't discover it unitl the camera was already several years old!! I did my research on cameras and found the one that I wanted. I found that it was the cheapest on dell.com. I ordered the camera successfully and was just waiting anxiously for it to come. Two weeks after I placed my order and it was CONFIRMED I received a weird message on my cell phone saying the item I ordered was discontinued and my order was cancelled. I called Dell and yes my order had been cancelled. This doesn't sound too terrible yet, but wait it gets better. I spoke with lots of people from India about my situation and got transferred more times than I can remember and was even hung up on. Here was the major issue. I purchased the camera with a $50 Visa giftcard someone gave us and then the rest on my credit card. They were going to refund my money on these 2 credit cards. A couple of days before this happened Cody asked my if we still needed the Visa giftcard, I hesitated but with how messy and cluttered my house was I figured there was no reason to keep it. Now you see the problem. The only option I was given was a $50 credit to Dell!! They didn't understand why I wouldn't want a $50 credit to a company that doesn't have the product I am trying to buy. Also, no one would answer me as to why it took 2 weeks for them to tell me my item was discontinued and why the order even confirmed in the first place if they didn't have the product. So, long story short (I know too late) after 3 phone calls to Dell due to being hung up on and me having to just end the call I was so mad, I decided that I would take the credit and then I could order a memory card from Dell since I will need a memory card. It turns out it was a $50 Dell coupon and it would take 2 weeks to receive it via email. WHAT 2 WEEKS TO EMAIL ME A COUPON (I am pretty sure I have gotten several of these in the mail in the past). I sent in an email of my complaint and after several days of going back and forth I finallly got an actual credit and they are supposedly taking the $50 off of the order that I submitted for a memory card. I wasn't going to let Dell win in my opinion so I was determined to dig the giftcard out of the shredder and use it. With lots of Cody's help (yes I also sifted through the shred pile but Cody did quite a bit of it) I was able to piece the card back together. TAKE THAT DELL!!

Of course I had to use the card online so I ordered diapers on diapers.com. They had lots of coupons and offers and since I was a first time buyer I saved $10. Also if you spent over $49 the shipping was free, it is a good thing I had $50 to spend. The trick was spending over $49 and not over $50 because they didn't have the option to put in 2 credit card #s. After several hours I got my order to $49.97 (I am ok with losing the $.03). Needless to say I got to bed around 4 am that night!!

This is what we spent our weekend doing!!!
Cody with the shred pile

Tada...it is a good thing I like to do puzzles and practiced a lot with my mom over the years!!

Of course I had to add some pictures of my little cutie


This is what happens when most of the men in the young men's presidency have kids and they plan a presidency meeting the same night as enrichment!!!

Easton recognized his chair and figured he was going to sit in it even if Jackson was already in it!!

Being cute as usual

At Chipotle with Grandma Cindy on her birthday...Happy Birthday Grandma!!

I was enjoying licking my sunglasses

Cool dude!!

On Friday there were several father / son naps
Aren't they so cute and peaceful!!




Laughing and slobbering with my dad!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a pain! Jackson is getting so big!!! We can not wait to see him and you of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you pieced together that card from the shred pile. Next time tell me and I will send you $50! It must be those special swat skills that let Cody find those pieces. Jackson is looking handsome as ever of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I would have done the SAME thing!!! But you already know I'm CrAzY :p Glad you got it in the end, too bad it took so much time and frustration. Funny Story, Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete